New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!


    Steve answers questions

    Share
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:00 am

    I'll answer anything to the best of my ability.
    and to get the ball rolling I'm going to answer my own question.

    Q. Why do I feel like i don't fit in at Newhorizons?

    A. I've changed a lot since i frequented this website. Now i don't like internet discussions. They never seem to get anywhere.

    What's more I don't care to talk about big events in the world. This website has taken to reporting the news, and i have a certain approach to the news... Maybe i rose tint my glasses, but i limit the amount of news i take in during any week... Watching the news i felt Powerless to change or prevent any of it, and it would lead to thought like "What is the world coming to?" and "I don't understand how someone could do this..." and i want to understand. I'd be defending these killers and criminals because I thought people were too judgemental when they only have one side of the story.

    I'm prone to depression so now I don't get myself down by watching what i consider to be an unhealthy dose of negative information. I could rant about why televised news is a bad thing all day but i have a question to finish answering.

    So back on track to why I stopped being a member. I liked having fun, there were certainly enjoyable times right here. But the fun stopped being original, and there's nothing worse than a predictable thread... i guess i knew too well what to expect from most threads, and when that happens there isn't a point to reading them.

    Did you guys ever count to an obscenely high number by the way?

    So ultimately, I became disinterested in this forum, there were a lot of political threads i couldn't care less about, and the other threads were mainly forum games which weren't worth looking at. On-top of that, i didn't care about the threads i made, because they would soon shift tracks. its not so much derailed but they were going to end up at the same destination as a lot of threads. Military, Politics, Religion... no longer worth discussing.


    So sorry i rambled a bit but maybe this answers some question you had years ago Smile
    avatar
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12739
    Reputation : 133
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :
    Country : Pakistan

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Doc on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 am

    i feel kind of similar ... no enjoyment from the typical generic, repetitive, internet forum discussion/debate

    so what are u up to these days? heard u got married ... any kids yet ?
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:36 am

    I did not get married, maybe you are thinking of sam? So no, still no kids.
    avatar
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12739
    Reputation : 133
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :
    Country : Pakistan

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Doc on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:56 am

    Steve wrote:I did not get married, maybe you are thinking of sam? So no, still no kids.

    who is older you or sam?
    avatar
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

    Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 11648
    Reputation : 71
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood :
    Country : Finland

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Fangy on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:58 am

    If you could pick one thing to go back and tell your teenage self, what would it be?
    avatar
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 6008
    Reputation : 64
    Registration date : 2007-10-15
    Country : Egypt

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Dark Flame99966 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 am

    How is sam doing? How are you progressing through life? You're about 25 now, right?







    _________________
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 am

    Dark Flame99966 wrote:How is sam doing?

    I haven't spoke to sam in about 4 years, We didn't fall out or anything, just lost contact.

    Doc wrote:
    who is older you or sam?

    i think sam is... i think he was a year older than me, cant remember slanty

    Dark Flame99966 wrote: How are you progressing through life? You're about 25 now, right?

    yeah I'm 25, although i forget and think I'm 24, my life is good, I have a job which mixes business management, project management and programming. which has its ups and downs, but I'm really very lucky to work there.

    Currently looking forward to spending christmas with my family... while trying to hit my deadlines Smile

    Fangy wrote:If you could pick one thing to go back and tell your teenage self, what would it be?

    Just one thing? lets see... "Speak your mind, and don't worry about what people will think." I'll let you figure out what that says about me Smile
    avatar
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

    Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 11648
    Reputation : 71
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood :
    Country : Finland

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Fangy on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm

    If you could pick one song that you had to listen to for the rest of your life (at least once a day), and you could only listen to that song your whole life, what would it be?
    avatar
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12739
    Reputation : 133
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :
    Country : Pakistan

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Doc on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm

    when you getting married?
    avatar
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

    Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 58510
    Reputation : 147
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood :
    Country : Egypt

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Ahmed on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 pm

    Steve just wanted to let you know that just like you have changed, the forum has ultimately changed. A forum is basically a gathering of people. We have all changed. I'm not the immature kid that I was 2 years ago. In fact if I had went to a normal 4 year college, I would've been graduating next year.

    As you can see in the news forum, the last "real" news thread was posted in November, and the one before that was October. I personally don't care much about the news anymore either mainly because like you said it IS depressing. That is 100% true. I don't care (really) about the rules of the forum like I used to a few years ago because I just don't. I just want to chill. My life is already stressful cuz of school and work, and realizing that corporations suck.

    I thought I should mention this since the forum really did change since you were last active here.

    Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?


    _________________
    avatar
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12739
    Reputation : 133
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :
    Country : Pakistan

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Doc on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 pm

    Yeah, this place has changed ... its just a random place where we post random stuff ... don't care much about politics anymore ...
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

    L Is The Name wrote:Steve just wanted to let you know that just like you have changed, the forum has ultimately changed. A forum is basically a gathering of people. We have all changed. I'm not the immature kid that I was 2 years ago. In fact if I had went to a normal 4 year college, I would've been graduating next year.

    As you can see in the news forum, the last "real" news thread was posted in November, and the one before that was October. I personally don't care much about the news anymore either mainly because like you said it IS depressing. That is 100% true. I don't care (really) about the rules of the forum like I used to a few years ago because I just don't. I just want to chill. My life is already stressful cuz of school and work, and realizing that corporations suck.

    I thought I should mention this since the forum really did change since you were last active here.

    makes me happy to hear it Smile

    L Is The Name wrote:Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?

    it was when he became involved in anon, he wanted me to take part too, but i just couldn't do it, the things they were doing felt juvenile and kinda against my own moral code. I think I gave him some space hoping it would pass, but we just didn't talk again. At the same time he went off to university when i didn't so we were separated physically too.



    Are you guys enjoying this thread as much as I am? Smile
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:30 pm

    Fangy wrote:If you could pick one song that you had to listen to for the rest of your life (at least once a day), and you could only listen to that song your whole life, what would it be?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HZp4ClFXY

    Doc wrote:when you getting married?

    I don't really have a plan for this, I'm not dating anyone atm... maybe when i'm 30? yeah, lets go with that.

    avatar
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

    Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 58510
    Reputation : 147
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood :
    Country : Egypt

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Ahmed on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 pm

    Steve wrote:
    L Is The Name wrote:Question: Why'd you lose contact with Sam? Is it because he got married?

    it was when he became involved in anon, he wanted me to take part too, but i just couldn't do it, the things they were doing felt juvenile and kinda against my own moral code. I think I gave him some space hoping it would pass, but we just didn't talk again. At the same time he went off to university when i didn't so we were separated physically too.



    Are you guys enjoying this thread as much as I am? Smile

    Wow he got married before going to college? That's probably stressful. I always thought that you were part of anon lol.

    Yeah its a pretty nice thread mainly because its actually a thread. We've been posting junk more or less for a while so this is a nice change of breath.


    _________________
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:55 pm

    no he got married after, and that's basically all i know
    avatar
    jj16802
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

    Number of posts : 8328
    Username Change Points : 8648
    Reputation : 29
    Registration date : 2007-11-30
    Mood :
    Country : USA

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by jj16802 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

    Welcome back man! Nice to see someone from the beginning of the forum.


    _________________

    "If you want peace, prepare for war."
    -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    avatar
    preid1220
    NH Moderator
    NH Moderator

    Number of posts : 10749
    Username Change Points : 9434
    Reputation : 44
    Registration date : 2007-11-06
    Mood :
    Country : USA

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by preid1220 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 pm

    Just going to pop my head in and say happy holidays. Keep safe.


    _________________
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:44 pm

    these things aren't questions SadNow what will I answer...

    but thank you
    avatar
    Fangy
    NH Retired Moderator
    NH Retired Moderator

    Number of posts : 8314
    Username Change Points : 11648
    Reputation : 71
    Registration date : 2009-03-23
    Mood :
    Country : Finland

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Fangy on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:06 pm

    What's your favorite color? And why?
    avatar
    Dark Flame99966
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 6018
    Username Change Points : 6008
    Reputation : 64
    Registration date : 2007-10-15
    Country : Egypt

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Dark Flame99966 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 am

    Why won't you settle down with a nice girl and let me have grandchildren, Stevey?


    _________________
    avatar
    Steve
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 7323
    Username Change Points : 8864
    Reputation : 33
    Registration date : 2007-11-29
    Mood :

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Steve on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:09 am

    Fangy wrote:What's your favorite color? And why?

    back when it mattered it was turquoise and as for why, i guess it was a little unknown as a colour, and the colour of relaxing things.

    Dark Flame99966 wrote:Why won't you settle down with a nice girl and let me have grandchildren, Stevey?

    because nice single girls are somewhat of a rarity, mother.
    avatar
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

    Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12739
    Reputation : 133
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :
    Country : Pakistan

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Doc on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:11 pm

    You ever been hunting?
    avatar
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

    Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 58510
    Reputation : 147
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood :
    Country : Egypt

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Ahmed on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:50 pm

    What would you say is the best invention ever? Worse?


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Steve answers questions

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 pm