New Horizons

Welcome to New Horizons-A forum for all different kinds of discussions. Please Log in or Register to Post!

Got the flu

Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Number of posts : 4361
    Username Change Points : 8687
    Registration date : 2010-03-18
    Mood :

Got the flu

Post by Ace on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:33 am

Right before finals week, too. All I've done today is laze around in my room, because doing anything makes me feel sick.

This sucks.

banekai
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 58506
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood :

Re: Got the flu

Post by Ahmed on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:37 am

Sucks. Get well. Drink lots of soup.

NH Noble Member

Mood :

Post by Ace on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:39 am

I got a really bad cold right before thanksgiving break too, on the day of my birthday, but that was actually my fault because I derped around in terribad weather for far too long.

This time, I just randomly got the flu out of nowhere, and I think from someone who handled food I ate... fml, haven't been sick all year, then all this BS starts showing up.

banekai
    Ahmed
    NH Admin
    NH Admin

Number of posts : 51452
    Username Change Points : 58506
    Registration date : 2007-10-14
    Mood :

Post by Ahmed on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:02 am

Ask your doctor to give you a prescription for Tamiflu tablets.

NH Member

Number of posts : 15155
    Username Change Points : 12735
    Registration date : 2007-10-25
    Mood :

Post by Doc on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:06 am

tamiflu after 2 days is not that effective
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Mood :

Post by Ace on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am

I can't, Ahmed. Due to inclement weather, the entire campus aside from 2 restaurants is closed. Classes, the health center, the movie theater, everything. I can't see a doctor or get any medicine unless I find a hospital or doctor's office off campus, and the simplest things from them cost an arm and a leg.

banekai
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Mood :

Post by Doc on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:40 am

drink fluids and rest ... and treat the symptoms with over the counter stuff ... all you can do
    Doc
    NH Member
    NH Member

Mood :

Post by Doc on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:46 am

chicken soup has proven to be efficacious in treating the flu, i would highly recommend it
    Ace
    NH Noble Member
    NH Noble Member

Mood :

Post by Ace on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 am

My RA told me to just drink electrolytes and ginger ale and eat crackers, so that's all I've really been doing. I don't have any medicine aside from ibuprofen and I don't know of anywhere that sells medicine aside from the health center. :\

I might be able to get some chicken soup though, so I'll look into it.

banekai

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 pm